‘A very British’ Ladies Day - Saturday 23rd of July
We are excited to announce our next Ladies day, which will take place on July the 23rd of July.
Due to the popularity of our last two events we have decided to hold a summer ‘Very British’ themed Ladies day, held in the grounds of Crabtree Clay Shooting Ground. After some excellent shooting and tuition from the team at Crabtree, we will wind down for the day with a fabulous ‘British’ styled BBQ!
A few details of the day..
• Arrive around 9am for introduction and safety briefing also a chance to meet everyone before the fun begins!
• 9.30am ladies are separated into groups ready to shoot the 25 bird tuition in the glorious grounds of Crabtree
• Then we will have a break with tea & coffees and a selection of scones & cakes for everyone, also a great chance to have a quick chinwag and share some shooting tips!
• Now the real fun begins with a 25 bird mini competition, beginners vs beginners, experienced vs experienced!
• The day will be rounded off with a Classic British BBQ & Pimms (including homemade salads & quiches) and of course strawberries & cream for pud!
• Winners will be announced, with some fabulous prizes donated by Crabtree Country Clothing for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in each class.
• Suitable for both beginners & experienced, we can cater for everyone.
• Optional on the day - team of 3 ladies, 25 bird flush shoot £6 to enter, overall winners will get vouchers to spend at Crabtree Country Clothing & a bottle of Procescco each!
To book a place please contact Chloe on email@example.com, you can pay via Bank Transfer, Paypal or Cheque. Payment needed to secure place. Our last event in April was fully booked – so book early to avoid disappointment!
Crabtree Clay Shoot Summer Competition - Saturday the 18th of June
We are excited to announce we are hosting a Summer Competiton at Crabtree on Saturday the 18th of June 2016.
A few of the main details for you..
• Saturday 18th June 2016
• 10am start, last entries 2.30pm
• 60 bird competition
• 12 bird Pool Shoot, £8 to enter (£3 from every entry goes into the pot, pay out every 10 entries)
• Fantastic prizes for; Overall High Score (1st, 2nd & 3rd), Highest Junior (under 21), Highest Colt (Under 16), Highest Ladies & Highest Veteran
• Special 15% off everything on the day in our Country Clothing Store
• Food & refreshments available all day & free tea and coffees for everyone.
• £16 for the round (re-entry £14)
• Big prizes, some prizes sponsored by Crabtree Country Clothing.
For more information email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call - Jonty – 07818080841 or Chloe – 07824638009
Make sure you tell all your friends, a great day out with some fantastic prizes to be won! Fantastic selections of hot and cold beverages are available all day.
NGO Inter-estate Competition Team Shoot - Saturday the 30th of April
This was our second year running the National Gamekeepers Organization Cumbria/Lancashire Inter-estate Competition Team Shoot, which consisted of setting up a 50-bird sporting course and two flushes.
Due to this nature of this event, we wanted to put some targets that simulated game. On stand two we had two teal going away simultaneously, which made them a little more challenging (but it wouldn’t be a competition without a few challenges!) We also had a fantastic settling duck coming from over head and a few driven targets.
Everything ran smoothly on the day and even the sun made an appearance, along with some hail!
Big congratulations to all the winners;
1st Adam Calvert Shooting (347)
2nd Docker (344)
3rd Burnhope (334)
Individual High Gun
1st Andy Coulson (48)
Junior High Gun
1st Jack Depledge (33)
Big thank you to all the helpers who marked and helped make the day run smoothly. All the kind sponsorships that provided prizes for the winner, this year we sponsored a Pool Shoot again. After it being a success this year, we hope it can only go from strength to strength and we hope to be able to run it here at Crabtree next year.
Crabtree April Femmes Fatales Ladies Day
We are pleased to say our Ladies day on April 23rd was a huge success, we were fully booked by the week before the event and had a waiting list of 10 people. When we first started these events through Femmes Fatales, we had no idea we would get such a huge following and we hope it can only go from strength to strength.
Despite the bad forecasts of rain and possible snow on Saturday the 23rd of April, we was relived when we woke up to see that it was blue sky’s and sunny. The weather remained like this all day, which was fantastic, it started to become cloudy with slight rain just as we had finished, which was perfect timing when arrived down at the Plough to lovely roaring fires!
A big congratulations to our winners..
1st Prize Ann Curtis (22/25)
2nd Prize Sharron England (20/25) –(Her and Rachel did a shoot off for for 2nd place)
3rd Prize Rachel Haslam (20/25)
1st Prize Sophie Baker (16/25)
2nd Prize Alberta Dickson (15/25)
3rd Prize Sarah Oldham (15/25)
Our event was Kindly sponsored by The Strickland Arms nr Sizergh (who gave a Meal for Two), Laksen Clothing (who donated a Ladies Shirt of the customers choice), Fiocchi Cartridges (who donated a goodie box, with a selection of cartridges, caps etc), Gamebore Cartridges (who donated a bottle of fizz to every winner), Crabtree Country Clothing for sponsoring the cashmere scarfs & cartridge bag. Crabtree Clay Shoot for sponsoring 4 x 50 clays and cartridges vouchers.
Also another big thank you to all our coaches with their great tuition and making sure everyone had a great day. A thank you to close friends who helped make cakes and the delicious food at The Plough for our lunch! Lastly a big thanks you to all the Ladies who joined us and made it a fabulous day.