Welcome to Crabtree Clay Shoot
We're a family business (father and sons; Edward, Derek and Jonty) and we've been running the Crabtree Clay Shoot for a number of years. When we first made the move to diversify our scenic farm land in the southern Lake District, we began a friendly shoot with only one automatic trap, 2 traditional manual traps and a whole lot of enthusiasm. Now, Crabtree Clay Shoot has over 50 automatic traps and plenty of guns for hire. We welcome shooters on Wednesdays and Saturdays to join us at the farm.
We have been hearing about some sporting facilities around the country becoming inundated with customers over a short period of time. Therefore, we have decided Crabtree will be opening using a pre-booking only system (please see below for more information) from Wednesday the 3rd of June. There will be no lessons or gun hire.
If you would like to extend your stay, we are pleased to announce that we now have a small 5 stand air rifle range spread around the shoots first section of woodland! We are currently allowing 3 people on the course every hour. Please call for more information.
As a reminder, our opening hours are:
Wednesday’s 10am - 9pm
Saturday’s 10am - 4pm
Booking System/Site Rules(1) - You must first contact us and pre-book an available arrival time. You will have an hour and a half for your shooting over our 20 stand course. We will be carefully monitoring how may shooters are on site, so please call/text/email/FB messenger to book your time slot (you booking will not be confirmed until you recieve a reply from us. Emails are checked less frequently, therefore texts, FB messages, and phone calls are preferred).
Jonty - 07818080841
Email - email@example.com
(2) - At your booked time and not before, one person should collect your clay counter from the shop. Weather permitting bookings will be taken outside the club house. If you arrive more than 10 mins late, it may be that you have missed your slot, but we will do our best to fit you in!
(3) - Maximum attendees per booking: Government guidelines currently state that 6 people socially distancing outside is permitted, however our maximum group size will be 4 people strictly socially distancing while they shoot. This is to help maintain a constant flow around the shooting ground.
(4) - Cartridges will be available to collect on arrival. Please have your shotgun certificate available to show.
(5) - Please use the mist spray disinfectant and anti-bacterial wipes which will be provided on every stand. There will be picnic benches between stands with sanitizer on each. These are also to be used as waiting areas until stands are free to use.
(6) - Please follow the CPSA’s "shoot and go" policy, i.e. no socialising.
(7) - The clubhouse will remain closed so please bring your own refreshments which should be consumed in your car or on outdoor picnic benches around the shoot. Toilet facilities are available.
(8) - When you have finished shooting, please drop your counter into the clubhouse. One person permitted at a time to pay. Please form a queue outside the clubhouse, set 2m apart, until you can enter.
(9) - Please use a non-contact form of payment, such as card or Apple/Google Pay, or have the exact cash available. Please use the hand sanitizer outside the clubhouse before touching the card machine or handling money.
(10) - Wearing of face coverings or masks in the clubhouse is optional and down to the individual but not essential.
(11) - Please be considerate to other people using the facilities and respect social distancing guidelines.
(12) - Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are feeling unwell or have any COVID19 symptoms.
This booking system is most certainly not forever, it’s just to get us going for now in the safest possible way. We just ask that you respect these measures to help keep us all safe, anyone who can’t do this will be kindly asked to leave.
There are lots of exciting changes for you all to enjoy, but also see progress over your many visits. We can’t to wait to see you all, it’s been too long!
Please don’t forget to book to avoid disappointment for this coming Wednesday (preferably by Phone).
We are ready are you!!!
Plenty of traps, equipment to hire and free brews for all. We’ve arranged our traps over several fields to ensure no-one is kept waiting, even when events and competitions are taking place.
The Crabtree Clay Pigeon Shoot is accessible for all ages and abilities, individuals and teams. Find out how about our various activities.Find out more